1 a speaker who expresses or gives vent to a personal opinion or grievance
2 the region of the body of a vertebrate between the thorax and the pelvis [syn: abdomen, stomach, belly]
3 the womb; "`in venter' is legal terminology for `conceived but not yet born'"
4 a belly-like body part (as the belly of a muscle)
- To be windy.
- Form of present tense, vente
Venter is a surname, and may refer to:
- Brendan Venter (1969-) - Rugby union footballer
- Christoffel Venter (1892-1977) - South African military commander
- Craig Venter (1946-) - American biologist and businessman
- Dora Venter (1976-) - Hungarian pornographic film actress
- Jacobus Johannes Venter (1814-1889) - South African Boer political figure
- The Venter Surname DNA Project. A DNA project researching the ancestry, origin and genetics of the Venter surname.
venter in German: Venter